Presentation of the Team
The Inria RUNTIME
team takes place in the high-performance and exa-scale parallel computing
It is interested in the study and design as well as the development
and evaluation of the principles that will be at the heart of
tomorrow's parallel runtime systems. More precisely, we intend to
define, implement and validate a family of generic runtime systems
that will provide a flexible and efficient foundation for building
programming environments and applications in the intensive parallel
computing field. These runtime systems will have to enable an
efficient use of the large, heterogeneous and hierarchical clusters,
based on NUMA and/or multicore nodes, even with accelerators such as GPUs.
A more detailed presentation of
our research areas can be found in the 2012
RUNTIME is headed by Professor Raymond Namyst. For a full list of
members, see here.
- Runtime is ending. It will be replaced with the Storm and TADaaM Inria teams.
- 2015/09 - We're organizing the EuroMPI 2015 conference in Bordeaux.
- 2014/03/27 - Bertrand Putigny defended his PhD thesis at ENSEIRB-MATMECA, University of Bordeaux.
- 2014/01/06 - Christopher Haine is starting a PhD Thesis in the team
- 2013/11/18 - The Runtime group was at SuperComputing (SC13) in Denver, presenting its HPC software at Inria booth (#2116).
- 2013/11/14 - Sylvain Henry is defending his PhD thesis.
- 2013/07/15 - Lilia Ziane Khodja is starting a post-doc position in the team.
- 2013/06/24 - Runtime organized CEA-EDF-Inria HPC summer school on Programming Heterogeneous Parallel Architectures.
- 2013/01/21 - Runtime gave a tutorial about affinities and locality with hwloc at the HIPEAC Conference in Berlin.
- 2013/01/15 - Runtime gave tutorials on StarPU and hwloc at the French ComPAS conference.
- 2014/12/15 - Stable release 1.5.4 of the Open-MX high-performance communication stack, available from here.
- 2014/12/08 - Stable release candidate 1.10.1rc1 of Hardware Locality (hwloc), download it here!
- 2014/02/24 - Stable release 1.1.1 of KNEM, the high-performance intra-node MPI communication module, download it here!
- 2013/12/18 - Release 1.1.0 of StarPU, download it here!
For any information, please contact Raymond NAMYST :